Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Jokes & Funny Pics 13
1. Depressed since he couldn't find a job, 42-yr old Romolo Ribolla sat in his kitchen near Pisa, Italy with a gun in his hand, threatening to kill himself in 1981. His wife pleaded for him not to do it, and after about an hour, he burst into tears and threw the gun to the floor. It went off and killed his wife.
2. In 1983, a Mrs. Carson of Lake Kushaqua, N.Y. was laid out in her coffin, presumed dead of heart disease. As mourners watched, she suddenly sat up. Her daughter dropped dead of fright.
3. A man hit by a car in New York City in 1977 got up uninjured, but laid back down in front of the car when a bystander told him to pretend he was hurt so he could collect insurance money. The car then rolled forward and crushed him to death.
4. Surprised while burgling a house in Antwerp, Belgium, a thief fled out the back door, climbed over a 9 foot wall, dropped down, and found himself in the city prison.
5. A fierce gust of wind blew 45-yr old Vittorio Luise's car into a river near Naples, Italy in 1983. He managed to break out a window, climb out, and swim to shore...where a tree blew over and killed him.
6. Mike Stewart, 31, of Dallas was filming a public service movie in 1983 on "The Dangers of Low-Level Bridges" when a truck he was standing on passed under a low-level bridge...killing him.
7. Walter Hallas, a 26-yr old store clerk in Leeds, England was so afraid of dentists that in 1979 he asked a fellow worker to try to cure his toothache by punching him in the jaw. The punch caused Hallas to fall down, hitting his head, and he died of a fractured skull.
8. George Schwartz, owner of a factory in Providence, R.I. narrowly escaped death when a 1983 blast flattened his factory except for one wall. After treatment for minor injuries, he returned to the scene to search for his files. The remaining wall then collapsed on him, killing him instantly.
9. Two German motorists had an all-too-literal head-on collision in heavy fog near the small town of Guetersloh. Each was guiding his car at a snail's pace from opposite directions but both near the middle of the road. At the moment of impact, their heads were both out of the windows where they smacked together. Both men were hospitalized with severe head injuries. Their cars weren't even scratched.
10. Hitting on the novel idea that he could end his wife's incessant nagging by giving her a good scare, Hungarian Jake Fen built an elaborate harness to make it look as if he had hanged himself. When his wife came home and saw him, she fainted. Hearing a disturbance, a neighbor came over and, finding what she thought were two corpses, seized the opportunity to loot the place. As she was leaving the room, her arms laden, the outraged and suspended Mr. Fen kicked her stoutly in the backside. This so surprised the lady that she dropped dead of a heart attack. Happily, Mr. Fen was acquitted of manslaughter, and he and his wife were reconciled.
11. A few years ago in California there was a raging brush fire. Once the fire was extinguished, the firefighters began the process of clean-up. In the middle of where the fire had been burning, they found a dead man wearing a scuba tank and wet suit. At first the firefighters were baffled as to why a man would be out in the middle of the countryside wearing full scuba gear. Upon further examination, it was determined that the man died from the impact with the ground and not the fire. As best anyone can determine, this man was scuba diving off the coast of California and was accidently picked up by one of the firefighting aircraft when it was refilling its water tanks offshore.
After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato sacks. Then try 50-lb. potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level)
After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.
1. How do you put a giraffe into your refrigerator?
Answer: Open the door, put the giraffe inside, and close the door.
This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in a overly complicated way.
2. How do you put an elephant into your refrigerator?
Wrong: Open the door, put the elephant in, and close the door.
Right: Open the door, take the giraffe out, put the elephant in, and close the door.
This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your actions.
3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference, all the animals attend except one, which is it?
Answer: The elephant, because it is in your refrigerator.
This tests your memory.
Ok, even if you did not answer the first 3 questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your abilities.
4. There is a river you must cross, but the river is home to many crocodiles, how do you manage it?
Answer: You swim across, because all of the crocodiles are attending the animal conference.
According to Anderson Consulting Worldwide, around 90% of the pros they tested got all questions wrong, but many preschoolers got several questions right. Anderson Consulting says that this disproves the theory that most pros have the brains of a four year old...
These are entries to a Washington Post competition asking for a rhyme with the most romantic first line...but the least romantic second line.
1. Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss. But I only slept with you, because I was pissed.
2. I thought that I could love no other, until, that is, I met your brother.
3. Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you. But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty, and so is your head.
4. Of loving beauty you float with grace, if only you could hide your face.
5. Kind, intelligent, loving and hot; This describes everything you are not.
6. I want to feel your sweet embrace, but don't take that paper bag off of your face.
7. I love your smile, your face, and your eyes- Damn, I'm good at telling lies!
8. My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife: Marrying you screwed up my life.
9. I see your face when I am dreaming. That's why I always wake up screaming.
10. My feelings for you no words can tell, Except for maybe "go to hell!"
11. What inspired this amorous rhyme? Two parts vodka, on part lime.
This is a true story from the Word Perfect Helpline which was transcribed from a recording monitoring the customer care department. The HelpDesk employee was fired; however, he/she is currently suing the Word Perfect organization for: "Termination Without Cause." (I think he/she has good case)
"Ridge Hall computer assistance; may I help you?"
Yes, well, I'm having trouble with Word Perfect.
"What sort of trouble?"
Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away.
"Hmmm. So what does your screen look like now?"
It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type.
"Are you still in Word Perfect, or did you get out?"
How do I tell?
"Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?"
What's a sea-prompt?
"Never mind. Can you move your cursor around the screen?"
There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything I type.
"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"
What's a monitor?
"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"
I don't know.
"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?"
Yes, I think so.
"Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall."
...Yes, it is.
"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"
"Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable."
...Okay, here it is.
"Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer."
I can't reach it.
"Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"
"Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"
Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle- it's because it's dark.
Yes...the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window.
"Well, turn on the office light then."
"No? Why not?"
Because there's a power failure.
"A power... A power failure? Aha, okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?"
Well, yes, I keep them in the closet.
"Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from."
Really? Is it that bad?
"Yes, I'm afraid it is."
Well, alright then, I suppose. What do I tell them?
"Tell them, you're too stupid to own a computer."
4 Laughing Eyes 4 Well-shaped Legs
4 Loving Arms 2 Firm Milk Containers
2 Nuts 1 Firm Banana
1 soft, warm mixing bowl
1. Look into laughing eyes.
2. Spread well-shaped legs with loving arms.
3. Squeeze and massage milk containers very gently.
4. Gently add firm banana to mixing bowl, working in and out until well creamed. For best results, continue to knead milk containers.
5. As heat rises, plunge banana deep into mixing bowl and cover with nuts, leave to soak (preferably NOT overnight)
6. The cake is done when the banana is soft. If banana does not soften, repeat steps 3-5, or change mixing bowls.
Notes: 1. If you are in an unfamiliar kitchen, wash utensils carefully before and after use. 2. Do not lick mixing bowl after use. 3. If cake rises, leave town.