Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tape Decks

Remember tape decks?  Those muthafuckas had no bass.  Then some fool came out with bass boost.  Damn that’s an ugly name.  If someone was trying to sell me a tape deck and was like “this one has bass boost”,  I’d be like “excuse me?”  “That doesn’t sound too good, just give me one without one of those.”  I mean they could have picked a better word than boost.  It sounds like one of those hard plastic little square chairs that they give the kids at Denny’s and shit.  Here you go kiddies, a hard box for you to sit on so you wont feel so small in this huge oversized booth we made out of old red Buick car seats.  Remember on those old tape decks when you tried to keep the volume down so you could listen to your tapes but not wake anybody else up and disturb them, but then you fucked up and pushed that loud ass Stop button (BLAP).  That button used to startle the hell outta me.  I could have the volume all the way up and the button was still louder than the music.  The muthafuckin Stop button had more bass than the whole damn stereo.  Fuck a bass boost, just hit Stop.  I think I’ll put one of those in my trunk so I can bump shit like a mo-fo.  Shit, one time the muthafucka stopped by itself, 2 minutes later the cops roll by talkin bout someone reported gun shots.  I’m like fool there’s no gun shots, fuckin Side A is outta time that’s all.  And remember when your tapes would start sounding like alien shit, and you’d take the tape out and that brown confetti would be all over the place, shit lookin like it had diarrhea.  Then you’d bust out a pen and stick it in one of those gears and twist it for like 40 minutes to reel it in?  Shit, at least you could fix it though, all you needed was a pen or pencil.  With fuckin CD’s, you fuck around with a pen or pencil, when you put that muthafucka back in the CD player it can’t read shit, and starts makin all kinds of sounds and shit, starts spinning all fast.  C.G. Lucas Original

21 comments:

  1. tape decks were wild...and cd's were sick too...except mine got all scratched up n shit...mp3 is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't around for tape decks :(

    That might be a good thing though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when tapes were so popular...

    Repsect,
    tigey, head of PL Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pfft Cassette Tapes. I remember 8 tracks. Those bitches had like one song and could survive being ran over by a car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be careful calling the cops fools, even when applicable. They have no sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I know most of em don't. But, do it anyway. lmao jk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tape decks... yeah my car can still play those lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when I used to wait all day and listen to the radio so i could record my favourite songs. Tapes were sick. Now you can download a song, listen to it 23 times and your sick of it the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately (or would it be fortunately?) I wasn't around for tape decks. They sound like such a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! You should take a look at my newest post, its about a good AdSense alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was badass at the time but it sucked when you thought about it. Casettes were such a pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it took you a lot of time to rewind them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those were the days.

    Captcha on by the way. "asenrac" = "arse can"?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I prefer tape to blu ray !

    ReplyDelete